Separation isn’t easy
Family separations can be one of the hardest experiences you’ll ever have to go through. It’s difficult to think straight though when it seems like your life is falling apart in every direction. There will be good days and bad day – we understand that.
We can help
We understand the issues, and we’ve helped many people dealing with the same stresses as you are come through it all. We’ll help you work out the best way forward and negotiate calmly on your behalf. No matter how hard it gets we will there to give guidance. We also keep you in the loop. We will not ‘take over’ and we will not send out letters on important issues without agreeing the content with you first. We will tell you what you need to hear and help you navigate your way.
We are empathetic and highly skilled. You will find us friendly, practical, and discreet. We pride ourselves looking after you really well.
We can help with:
- Amicable separations and divorces. If you’ve already worked out a plan that is agreeable to both parties, then we can help make it legally binding.
- Mediation and arbitration. We think going to court should be the last resort. We will guide you about likely outcomes so that you can do your best to reach an agreement. Reaching an agreement if definitely the cheaper, less stressful option. We like to use any and all methods to help resolve your arrangements so that you can move forward.
- Contested hearings. If negotiation, mediation or arbitration isn’t going to work in your situation then we can advise, guide and represent you through the court process.
- Arrangements for your children. Making arrangements for your children following a family breakdown isn’t always easy. We’ll make sure that the children’s best interests are at the heart of every discussion and that your position as a parent or grandparent is respected.
- Financial settlements. We will advise and guide you with the best options for you and to achieve fairness in sorting out the finances. We have connections with expert financial advisers, mortgage brokers, company solicitors and accountants who can help in resolving your matters. If you are a business owner, you can be confident that we understand how business works.
- Prenuptial agreements. No one likes to go into marriage anticipating the worst outcome, and yet, it’s important to consider your position, especially if you are marrying for second time or come to the marriage with assets you have already got. We’ll make the conversation less awkward by working out whether you need an agreement, and if you do, what terms make sense to both of you.
- Living together agreements Buying a house together (either with or without the Bank of Mum & Dad) is likely to be the biggest purchase you will ever make. Take some time just to think and agree what is to happen if life does not go the way you planned. We can help and it will save you money and heartache in the long run if things don’t work out quite as planned.
Experienced family law solicitors at your side
You don’t have to go though this alone. Our experienced family law solicitors will help you fairly lay the past to rest, build strong foundations for your future, and get your new life off to a good start.
- Low cost initial consultations
- Fixed fees in many areas of work
- Clear information about costs
- Experience, expertise, empathy, clarity and strength